The Betar Illit Development Corporation was established in August 2002 as the city municipality's executive arm. The city's rapid development and its inability to deal with urban economic challenges that came with it led to the founding of the corporation.
The Development Corporation, which is owned by the municipality and whose board chairman is the mayor himself, is aimed at advancing urban development for the benefit of the local residents.
While the municipality works tirelessly on the social-municipal front, the development corporation assists and encourages the development of the city through urban-economic projects and initiatives.
The corporation has organizational flexibility and advanced ability to recruit professional manpower on the basis of projects.
The corporation operates several projects for the municipality, and many more are in the final stages of planning. Some of its activities are:
• Management and supervision of construction and renovation of public facilities
• Dealing with excesses from excavations
• Protection of construction sites
• Management and supervision of tenders and government subsidies (construction, transportation, environmental protection, etc.).
• Construction of gas stations
• Erection of an urban security center
• Erection of an emergency ward
• Energy saving and environmental initiatives
• Administration for the regional development of industry and employment
• A banquet hall for special events (featuring subsidized prices)
• Dealing with the Separation Fence and land reserves for development