The Department of Culture acts as the operational arm of the mayor's vision in all leisure events and informal learning in the city, and serves as a role model for other Haredi cities, who have copied our successful programs and incorporated them into their own systems.
The department serves as a platform for employment seekers, business entrepreneurs, and profession seekers, in a coordinated effort with the Administration of Regional Industrial Areas Development and Employment Services.
The Immigrant Absorption Department offers a wide range of services to new immigrants who have decided to reside in Beitar Ilit, adapted to their country of origin.
Responsibilities: the operation and implementation of continuous communal projects in the field of culture and art, in cooperation with the Ministry of Culture and its different divisions.
• "Zeman Simchateinu" music festival
• "Tzlil VaZemer" women's choir
• "Hidabroot Musicalit" local choir
• "Pisol Svivati" sculpting
• Paraprofessional arts program
• Interactive learning center
• "The Women's Administration" – offers courses in a wide range of topics: assistance in home management, Torah lectures, health-related lectures, seasonal lectures, various workshops, special Jewish Holidays programs, sports, women-and-girls' choirs etc.
• "Midrashia" – a religious learning center for women, featuring subjects such as education, the Jewish home, religious studies, arts, physical activities etc.
• Youth training program – a training program for adolescent girls where they are trained in various fields such as culture and leisure, time management, games and enrichment, day camp managing, arts, special education etc.
• "Women Employment" - flower arrangement courses, including financial support and integration into the labor force
• "Art as a Profession" - Culture Administration sponsored courses designated for women who are interested in art as a means for making a living
• Gymnastics Instructor Course in cooperation with the Sports Administration, is currently in its final stages of establishment
• "The Women Choir" – offers local girls and women vocal training and singing lessons, the history of music and engages in public performances. The choir was established in cooperation with the Culture Administration
• "The Women Theater" – a professional two-year theater course for women
• Parental Guidance course and lectures – offers educational advice for parents in several topics, such as personal empowerment, dealing with adolescents, etc. The course is sponsored by the Religious Culture Department of the Ministry of Education
• Health Lectures – in cooperation with the different HMO's and other health entrepreneurs
• Seminars and Vacations – a holiday treat for women in various hotels across the country, subsidized by the municipality
• Happenings – holiday programs for the whole family with special activities for parents, teenagers and children
• Forum for Beginner Artists - a forum for local beginner artists in various fields, with the aim of integrating them into the labor market. The forum also offers artists an opportunity to advertise their talents
• "The Children Administration" – extra-curricular activities for boys and girls, educational enrichment, science and arts classes, music, occupational sport, carpentry, painting and sculpture, ceramics, dance lessons etc.
•The administration offers active workshops for children throughout the year in different fields, such as plastic art and jewelry making, as well as performances for pre-school children
• "Olam HaYeled" – attractive afternoon activities for regular and special children, with the aim of interconnecting them
• Day camps on Erev Shabbat and Holidays – reduced-priced seasonal day camps for children of all age-groups, a perfect solution for large families
• Recycling and Art Center – in cooperation with the Environment Ministry, teaches children of all ages about the environment in a fun and creative way
• "The Sports Administration" - focuses on the topic of sports from a professional and budgetary point of view and organizes sport seminars, established sport centers and urban gyms, teaches the public about the importance of sport and nutrition, etc., in cooperation with the Sports Administration of the Culture and Sports Ministry
• "The Immigrant Absorption Administration" - sets programs for new immigrants with the assistance of the Ministry of Immigrant Absorption. The programs include leisure, sports, professional courses, seminars, holiday activities and day camps for immigrant children
• The "Getting to Know Israel" Project - arranges trips across the country for new immigrant families, combined with works of art
• Parental Guidance – for new immigrant parents, in order to better understand the vast differences between the two generations
• Holiday parties for English-speaking and French-speaking new immigrants
• The "Ner Menachem" Library – in memory of Rabbi Menachem Porush – serves thousands of readers of different ages after an agreement was signed with the Public Libraries Department of the Ministry of Culture, featuring the Shut project, the Bar Ilan project, and more. The library purchases thousands of books for the benefit of the local residents.
At the library, children and adolescents can borrow books to take home or read in the spacious study hall. The library also offers special activities and programs for children.
Here readers can search online databases of books, such as the Shut project, the Bar Ilan project, the Otzar HaChochmah project and more.
MP3's can be charged with Torah lectures and Kol Halashon lessons.
Thousands of Torah literature in all topics of Judaism can be found at the site.
In addition, seminary students receive assistance in preparing their papers without having to travel to distant locations.
For men, different cultural activities are available, as are Torah lectures during Bein Hazemanim.
The study hall is large and spacious, and a pedagogic library is currently being established at the site.
Seasonal Torah Lectures, different study courses, the laws of Kiddush HaChodesh, lectures on Yochasin, Kashrus lectures etc are delivered in the library. Furthermore, the library serves as a meeting place for writers and authors